APPLICATION FOR CLASS OF 2021
Leadership San Francisco is an organization dedicated to educating and developing community trustees who will make a significant contribution to strengthen and transform our community.
Follow these steps to apply
- Download the application for 2021 and save it on your computer (You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader).
- Fill out the application directly on your computer and save when needed.
- Print, sign, and mail your application with a $50 non-refundable application processing fee to Leadership San Francisco.
- Mail your application to:
Leadership San Francisco
235 Montgomery St., Suite 760
San Francisco, CA 94104
Leadership San Francisco (LSF) awards a limited number of partial scholarships to qualified candidates from the business, government and nonprofit sectors.
LSF also offers the designated scholarships listed below. These scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the donors. No separate application is required.
- Jay Cuetara Memorial Scholarship Awarded to a qualified candidate who exemplifies community trusteeship or aspires to strengthen and trasform our community.
- Ritch and Joan Eich Scholarship Awarded to a qualified candidate who demonstrates a compelling financial need.
- John A. Legnitto Honorary Scholarship Awarded to a qualified candidate who exemplifies community trusteeship by demonstrating his/her commitment to our community or aspires to do so.
- Northern California Carpenters Regional Council Robert Mason Memorial Scholarship Awarded to a qualified candidate from the government or nonprofit sector
- Municipal Executives' Association Funds may be available through the MEA Management Training Program.
You will be notified in writing when your application form is received.
Criteria for Selection:
- Evidence of commitment to San Francisco's well-being.
- Community and civic service leadership potential as evidenced by breadth and level of involvement in volunteer activities.
- Employment history that places candidate in a potential leadership position through his or her work or profession.
- A commitment to live and/or work in San Francisco.
- Residence in San Francisco is highly desirable but not mandatory.
- Applicants are urged to address these criteria in answering the questions on the application form.
To accomplish the program's objectives, the full participation of each individual selected is necessary. Participation includes:
- attending a two-day overnight Retreat Friday, September 11 and Saturday, September 12, 2020
- ten full-day Sessions, one per month from September through June
- serving on a planning committee for at least one Session.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence.
Limit responses to the space provided. Questions of age, birthdate, race/ethnicity and sexual orientation are voluntary and are included only to allow the selection committee to select a cross section of San Franciscans into the program, as well as determining eligibility for scholarships when applicable. Leadership San Francisco (LSF) will include participants from business, government, community service organizations, etc. Photocopies are acceptable. Applications received in any other manner will not be reviewed by the selection committee. You may have up to 3 pages of attachments (e.g. letters of recommendation, etc.). Your resumé and a non-refundable application processing fee of $50 is required with your application. Tuition of $5,250 is due upon acceptance into the LSF program (please see Tuition/Commitment section). Make check payable to the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce Foundation, LSF, a 501(c)(3).
To successfully complete the program, attendance is required at the Retreat and at a minimum of eight of the ten monthly Sessions. If an applicant withdraws from the program, no portion of the tuition shall be refunded.
While respectful of the many cultural, ethnic and religious holidays and events in our very diverse community, Leadership San Francisco’s calendar is scheduled based on local, state and federal holidays.