APPLICATION FOR CLASS OF 2018
Leadership San Francisco is an organization dedicated
to educating and developing community trustees who will make a significant
contribution to strengthen and transform our community.
Follow these steps to apply:
- Download the 2018 LSF Application and save it on your computer (You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader).
- Fill out the application directly on your computer and save when needed.
- Print, sign, and mail your application with a $50 non-refundable
application processing fee to Leadership San Francisco.
- Mail your application to:
Leadership San Francisco
235 Montgomery St., Suite 760
San Francisco, CA 94104
Leadership San Francisco (LSF) awards a limited number of partial scholarships to qualified candidates from the business, government and nonprofit sectors.
LSF also offers the designated scholarships listed below. These scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the donors. With the exception of the San Francisco Small Business Network Scholarship, no separate application is required.
- Jay Cuetara Memorial Scholarship Awarded to a qualified candidate who exemplifies community trusteeship or aspires to strengthen and trasform our community.
- Ritch and Joan Eich Scholarship Awarded to a qualified candidate who demonstrates a compelling financial need.
- John A. Legnitto Honorary Scholarship Awarded to a qualified candidate who exemplifies community trusteeship by demonstrating his/her commitment to our community or aspires to do so.
- Northern California Carpenters Regional Council Robert Mason Memorial Scholarship Awarded to a qualified candidate from the government or nonprofit sector
- Municipal Executives' Association Funds may be available through the MEA Management Training Program.
You will be notified in writing when your application form is received.
Criteria for Selection:
- Evidence of commitment to San Francisco's well-being.
- Community and civic service leadership potential as evidenced
by breadth and level of involvement in volunteer activities.
- Employment history that places candidate in a potential leadership
position through his or her work or profession.
- A commitment to live and/or work in San Francisco.
- Residence in San Francisco is highly desirable but not mandatory.
- Applicants are urged to address these criteria in answering
the questions on the application form.
To accomplish the program's objectives, the full
participation of each individual selected is necessary. Participation
- attending a two-day overnight Retreat Friday,
September 8 and Saturday, September 9, 2017
- ten full-day Sessions, one per month from
September through June
- serving on a planning committee for at least
All applications will be handled in the strictest
Limit responses to the space provided. Questions of
age, birthdate, race/ethnicity and sexual orientation are voluntary
and are included only to allow the selection committee to select
a cross section of San Franciscans into the program, as well as
determining eligibility for scholarships when applicable. Leadership
San Francisco (LSF) will include participants from business, government,
community service organizations, etc. Photocopies are acceptable. Applications received
in any other manner will not be reviewed by the selection committee.
You may have up to 3 pages of attachments (e.g. letters of recommendation,
etc.). Your resumé and a non-refundable application processing fee
of $50 is required with your application. Tuition of $5,000 is due
upon acceptance into the LSF program (please see Tuition/Commitment
section). Make check payable to the San Francisco Chamber
of Commerce Foundation, LSF, a 501(c)(3).
To successfully complete the program, attendance
is required at the Retreat and at a minimum of eight of the ten
monthly Sessions. If an applicant withdraws from the program, no
portion of the tuition shall be refunded.
While respectful of the many cultural, ethnic and religious holidays and events in our very diverse community, Leadership San Francisco’s calendar is scheduled based on local, state and federal holidays.